Monday 20 October 2008

Tags

For those that do not know, when you upload images to Flickr and some other photo hosting sites you can attach "tags" to the images. Tags are just words that are appropriate to the image. In my case I would use tags like "postcard" and "people". When other people search for something on Flickr or just the net and they use one of these tag words it will include my images in their search results. However, one of the things that slows me down a bit is the amount of tags I have been using and each image may have different ones.
So, to speed thing up a bit I have gone through all my tags and formed a list of about 8 or 9 super tags which will be appropriate for all of my uploads. Any that require special ones will have them added later. This will now allow me to spend more time scanning and uploading and less time messing about with tags.

No comments: